Get Free details of Rau IAS Academy, Fee structure, Study Material Free download, Current Affairs, Contact Number, Correspondence Course, Hostel Fees, Weekend Batch.
About Rau’s IAS Study Circle Delhi
The Study Circle was created by Dr. S. Rau in the year 1953 as an independent body with a view to establish a bench-mark institution to achieve excellence in the toughest competitive exam in the country, i.e. Indian Administrative Service Exam which has now come to be known as Civil Services Exam. Over this long period, the Study Circle has evolved into a unique fraternity of educators and students striving together, year after year, in pursuit of a single goal. With a passion to excel, the Study Circle has raged with the dynamism of a river which constantly renews itself and yet remains unchanging in its resolve to reach its ultimate destination.
Throughout a journey lasting over five decades, the Study Circle has been at the cutting edge of real learning.Today, it is known as the most specialized institution of its type in the country, performing consistently at high levels and has acquired the rare distinction of achieving the highest success-rate in the Civil Services Exam.
The faculty of the Study Circle is composed of experienced educators, competent administrators and dedicated researchers. In fact, the essence of the functioning of the Study Circle is the faternal atmosphere it provides, in which the students are groomed by a committed, imaginative and gifted core faculty. Here, every student experiences creative excitement along with the thrill of adding to his store of knowledge. We treat our each member as a personality and not just a student. We approach our task like that of growing flowers; with all the will and skill required for performing such a delicate task. The aim is to set the students free from the rigidities of highly ritualized , bland and indifferent teaching that they have so far experienced in universities; where there is a lot of teaching but very little learning. This is the gap that the Study Circle strives to remove by promoting REAL LEARNING, i.e. learning about learning as the first step: with the ultimate aim of making the personalities bloom like flowers and carry the aroma of freshness of their ideas and creativity wherever they go. It is precisely because of this sense of commitment that the Study Circle’s name has become a living legend among the students for success in Civil Services Exam.
Our effort is not only to provide the students with a road-map to effective learning but also to reassure them of our motivating company during their journey on the road to success. In nutshell, most of the students feel that the Rau’s experience is not only innovative but also unique.
Fees Structure of Rau’s IAS Study Circle Delhi
|GENERAL STUDIES (INTEGRATED) PROGRAM||Admission Fee – Rs 1,60,000
Registration Fee– Rs 500
|OPTIONAL SUBJECTS FOR the MAIN EXAM||Admission Fee – Rs 48,000
Registration Fee– Rs 500
|TEST SERIES & QIP (PRE 2019)||Admission Fee – Rs 9,500
For Rau’s ex-students – Rs Rs 4,500
Test Series Only – Rs 5,500
|TEST SERIES & QIP (MAINS 2018)||Admission Fee – Rs 16,500
For Rau’s ex-students – Rs 10,500
Test Series Only – Rs 8,500
|INTERVIEW GUIDANCE||Variant 1: Rs 1500
2 Mocks + 1 Personal sitting
Variant 2: Rs 500
1 Mock Interview + 1 Personal sitting
|OPTIONAL THROUGH QUESTIONS(TEST SERIES FOR MAINS)||Admission Fee – Rs 16,500
For Rau’s ex-Students – Rs 8,500
The following different courses to meet the learning requirements of students at different stages of their preparation.
These are pathways programmes designed for fresh aspirants of the Civil Services Exam. These preparation courses aim at laying the right foundation and guiding aspirants to understand the demand of the UPSC exam.
These are assessment programmes which focus on the upcoming examination only. They aim to cover only such themes on which questions may actually be asked in the exam. Targeted courses will benefit aspirants improve their scores manifold.
Book’s List: Rau IAS Study Material Free download
The basic concepts of different segments of General Studies are derived from NCERT books, as mentioned below:
- General Science: 9th and 10th Standard
- History: 11th and 12th Standards
- Geography: 11th and 12th Standards
- Economics: 11th and 12th Standards
- Art & Culture: 11th standard
General Studies – Paper I (Main Examination)
Indian Heritage & Culture
- Gazetteer of India – Volume II
- L. Basham: The wonder that was India
- S. A. A Rizvi : The wonder that was India (volume II)
- Books on Indian dance, painting, temples etc of Publications Divisions and National Book Trust (NBT)
Modern Indian History & Post Independent India
- NCERT: Modern India
- Tarachand – History of Freedom Movement in India, Vol- I to IV, (Publications Division).
- Surendernath Sen: 1857 (Publications Division)
- Ancient India-Collection of Article (Publications Division)
- NBT- Freedom Struggle
- Bipan Chandra: India’s Struggle for Independence
- Bipan Chandra-Post Independence India
- Sumit Sarkar-Modern India
- Gazetteer of India- Volume II
- NCERT: The Story of Civilization (2 Volumes)
- NCERT: Contemporary World History
- L. Mukherji: A History of the World
Geography of the World
- NCERT books on Indian and world Geography
- Physical Geography : Savindra Singh
- Geomorphology : Savindra Singh
- Oceanography : Sharma and Vatal (NCERT)
- Economics and Social Geography: Rupa Publications
- Environmental Geography: Savindra Singh
- Survey of Indian Agriculture : The Hindu Publications.
- Survey of Indian Economy: The Hindu Publications
- India Year Book : Publications Division
General Studies – Paper II (Main Examination)
Governance, Constitution & Polity
- D.D. Basu: Indian Constitution.
- P.M. Bakshi: Indian Constitution
- S.C. Kashyap: Citizens and the Constitution (Publications Division)
- B.S. Baviskar & Ash Narain Roy Local Governance – A Global Perspective (Publications Division)
- S.C. Kashyap: Our Parliament (NBT)
- S.C. Kashyap: Our Constitution (NBT)
- S.C. Kashyap: Our Political System (NBT)
- M.R. Singh: Indian Federalism (NBT)
- Kuldeep Mathur: From Government to Governance (NBT)
- Rajiv Sikri: Challenge and Strategy- Understanding India’s foreign policy
- C. Rajamohan: Crossing the Rubicon
- NCERT : Contemporary World Politics (12th Standard)
General Studies – Paper III (Main Examination)
Governance, Constitution & Polity
Science & Technology
- India Yearbook: brought out by Publications Division : Chapter on Science and Technology
- Annual Reports of the department of Space, Atomic Energy, Ministry of Environment etc
- NCERT: India’s Economic Development
- Mishra and Puri: Indian Economy
- Relevant Economic Survey
- 12th Five Year Plan Document
- Bimal Jalan: India’s Economic Policy
- Bimal Jalan: Emerging India- Economics, Politics and Reforms.
- Any one Economic Newspaper like The Economic Times, Business Standard, Financial Express.
- Yojana which comes every month in Hindi, English, Assamese, Bangali, Gujarathi, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Oriya, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu and Urdu
- Kurukshetra in Hindi/English
Environment and Bio-diversity
- NCERT: India’s Physical Environment
- Together, Towards a Safer India: CBSE Publication
- Encyclopedia of Disaster Management: S.L. Goel (Deep and Deep Publications)
- Annual Reports of Ministry of Home Affairs, Defence and External Affairs
General Studies – Paper IV (Main Examination)
Ethics and Integrity
- Mohit Bhattacharya- New Horizons of Public Administration
- Nicholas Henry- Public Administration and Public Affairs
- S.R. Maheshwari and Awasthi -Public Administration
- Ramesh K Arora – Ethical Governance in Business and Government
- Ramesh K Arora – Ethics in Governance
- Ramesh K Arora & Tanjul Saxena – Ethics and Accountability in Government and Business
MONTHLY CURRENT AFFAIRS : Monthly critical analysis of current and contemporary issues.
APPLIED GS NOTES : For example, every current topic covers the central issue, background or context, problems, solutions, implications and the way forward.
MCQs & DESCRIPTIVE QUESTIONS : UPSC level questions based on current issues and editorials picked from diverse sources