Tips for How to fill the UPSC Application Form for Civil Services Exams – Do’s and dont’s, How to fill the UPSC Application Form 2020.
Tips for How to Fill UPSC Application Form 2020
The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts various exams throughout the year. Candidates are supposed to fill up the forms for appearing in different examinations.
However, it is found that students make mistakes while filling up the application form. As a result their application form is being rejected.
In order to avoid such inconvenience, Civil Service India likes to list out certain steps for filling up an error-free application form. You need to ensure that you have taken care of the following steps before submitting your application form to the UPSC.
- It is recommended to buy the application form from the Post Office and not from anywhere else.
- Make sure before buying to check the name and year of the exam you are applying for are correct.
- Before filling up the form read the exam rules and regulations carefully.
- You may take photocopy of the original form and fill it for practice purposes. It’s after that you can actually go ahead fill in the details on the original form correctly. The form has to be submitted in original and its Photo Copy will not be accepted.
- There should be no stray marks on your form and erase any darkened circles completely if you want to change your response.
- Make sure the application form is clean and there should not be any scribbling, tears or damage to the form.
- Paste your recent passport-sized photo firmly on the space provided on the application form. You should not staple or use pins for doing so.
- If applicable, paste one CRF Stamp of the requisite denomination and get it canceled from the post office from where you bought the application form.
- Remember to mention in an appropriate manner the UPSC’s Notice number and date as it appeared in Employment News/Rozgar Samachar.
- Do not forget to sign the declaration and also mention the date and place from where you are mailing the application form.
- Use the pre-addressed envelope supplied to post the application form. There should not be any other documents, certificates or envelopes in the pre addressed envelope.
- Write down the 8-digit number under the bar-code and keep this in a safe place and enter this number on the acknowledgement card.
- Do not forget to attach the acknowledgement card with your address and pin code. This will come back to you and will be a proof that your form is received.
- Mailing of the filled up form in advance is essential. Make sure you send the application form by post so it reaches the UPSC office before the deadline.
These are few steps that need to be followed to avoid any inconvenience in the acceptance of your forms for the UPSC examination.