- 7 March was celebrated as Janaushadhi Diwas.
- On 7th March 2019, Prime Minister had declared that henceforth 7th March every year would be celebrated as Jan Aushadhi Diwas for promoting and increasing the outreach of generic medicines.
- The theme of 3rd Jan Aushadhi Diwas this year is “Seva bhi- Rozgar Bhi” to highlight the meaningful employment to pharmacists along with assured access to quality medicines for all sections of the society.
- Generic medicines are unbranded medicines which are equally safe and having the same efficacy as that of branded medicines in terms of their therapeutic value.
- The prices of generic medicines are much cheaper than their branded equivalent.
- The Janaushadhi medicines have played a big role in bringing down the out of pocket expenditure of patients suffering from life threatening diseases in India.
- ‘Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Pariyojana’ is a campaign launched by the Department of Pharmaceuticals, Govt.
- Of India, to provide quality medicines at affordable prices to the masses through special kendra’s known as Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Jan Aushadhi Kendra.