You will find instructions specific to the journal you wish to submit to on www.iascoachings.com. However, the guidelines below apply to most of our publications.
Things to follow when writing/submitting an article:
- The completed article must be original, well-written, and adhere to the approved article topic.
- Submit article in Microsoft Word document format (.doc or .docx) only.
- Limit the article to about 500 words.
- Limit Profile (Coaching/Academy/Institution) article to about 750 words.
- Use single spacing after punctuation.
- Regardless of submission style, all articles will post in the same format (as per the website).
- If images are included, submit in jpg or web format only.
Article title and author information:
- Include an appropriate and informative title for the article.
- Profile article title: “Meet (person interviewed)”
- Capitalize only the first letter of each word in the title.
- Include the author’s name, student, Coaching/Academy/Institution (if applicable).
The subject matter of submitted articles must be appropriate in language and content for a college-wide publication.
- Write at a level appropriate for an Institution-level audience.
- Do not use profanity.
- Avoid biased or derogatory language.
- Avoid slang.
- All article content must be written from a neutral point of view. This allows all views to be represented fairly and without bias.
- Authors should aim to provide complete information, and not to promote one particular point of view over another.
Submitting an article gives The Connection the right to publish and edit if needed. The newsletter editor will review all articles and make minor changes for readability, organization, and Associated Press style prior to publication. If significant edits are needed, the editor will send the revised article back to the author for approval. The staff editorial board will then review and must approve the article before publishing.
Please contact the editor at www.iascoachings.com with ideas or suggestions, or to get involved.