- UPSC Books for General Studies Booklist for UPSC Prelims & Mains
- UPSC Books for Public Administration Optional Booklist for UPSC Mains
- UPSC Books for Sociology Optional Booklist for UPSC Mains
- UPSC Books for History Optional Booklist for UPSC Mains
- UPSC Books for Philosophy Optional Booklist for UPSC Mains
- UPSC Books for Maths Optional Booklist for UPSC Mains
- UPSC Books for Geography Optional Booklist for UPSC Mains
- UPSC Books for Anthropology Optional Booklist for UPSC Mains
- UPSC Books for Commerce and Accountancy Optional Booklist for UPSC Mains
- UPSC Books for Political Science Booklist for UPSC Mains
- UPSC Books for International Relations Booklist for UPSC Mains
UPSC Books – Best Books For IAS Exam
In this article on UPSC Books, we provide you the list of Best books for the IAS Exam Preparation. The UPSC Syllabus is considered to be very vast and there are a lot of books that need to be read. We have tried to provide you an extensive list of books for UPSC IAS Exam preparation. The IAS Exam or the Civil Services Exam is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).
Importance of following Good UPSC Books
UPSC Prelims 2020 is going to take place on 4th October, 2020. To follow up on the upcoming civil services examination, aspirants may check UPSC 2020 Calendar on the official UPSC Website. UPSC Civil Services exam is also one of the toughest exams in the country.
Out of the vast amount of study materials available both online and offline, it is crucial that the candidates select the best books for UPSC IAS preparation.
IAS toppers recommend that aspirant start their UPSC preparation with NCERT books and then move on to the standard reference books.
The best IAS books can vary from candidate to candidate depending on their previous expertise and knowledge of the subject matter. However, the books for UPSC recommended by experts are listed in this article subject-wise.
Choosing the right IAS exam books online for different stages of the UPSC exam is quite important. The UPSC Prelims comprises only objective type questions while the IAS Mains contains descriptive essay type question papers.
Not only should the candidates be selective about the UPSC preparation books but also divide the reading list into Prelims and Mains preparation.
Read/download the UPSC Syllabus for the upcoming examination of civil services.
Aspirants can also download the list of best UPSC IAS books from the link below for quick reference.
IAS Exam Questions related to Books for UPSC
Which books are the best for Hindi medium aspirants in UPSC Exam?
Hindi Medium Aspirants should read UPSC Hindi Medium Books from NCERT as well as Hindi translations of popular IAS Books.
Where can I find NCERT books for IAS Exam?
NCERT books are widely available in bookstores across the country as well as major e-commerce sites. If you cannot find the book you require in a bookstore, you can download NCERT Books/UPSC Books PDF.
Which Economy book is best for UPSC?
Ramesh Singh – Indian Economy is one of the best books for UPSC Economy.
Which book is best for Art and Culture for UPSC?
Nitin Singhania – Indian Art & Culture is a must-read book for UPSC Prelims and Mains.
NCERTs are first books for UPSC preparation. They are better when complemented with reference books.
Which book is best for Indian Polity?
M.Laxmikanth – Indian Polity is considered as the best book for UPSC.