You will find instructions specific to the journal you wish to submit to on www.iascoachings.com. However, the guidelines below apply to most of our publication.
Things to follow when writing/submitting an article:
- Completed article must be original, well-written and adhere to the approved article topic.
- Submit article in Microsoft Word document format (.doc or .docx) only.
- Limit article to about 500 words.
- Limit Profile (Coaching/Academy/Institution) article to about 750 words.
- Use single spacing after punctuation.
- Regardless of submission style, all articles will post in the same format (as per website).
- If images are included, submit in jpg or webp format only.
Article title and author information:
- Include an appropriate and informative title for article.
- Profile article title: “Meet (person interviewed)”
- Capitalize only the first letter of each word in the title.
- Include the author’s name, student, Coaching/Academy/Institution (if applicable).
The subject matter of submitted articles must be appropriate in language and content for a college wide publication.
- Write at a level appropriate for an Institution-level audience.
- Do not use profanity.
- Avoid biased or derogatory language.
- Avoid slang.
- All article content must be written from a neutral point of view. This allows all views to be represented fairly and without bias.
- Authors should aim to provide complete information, and not to promote one particular point of view over another.
Submitting an article gives The Connection the rights to publish and edit, if needed. The newsletter editor will review all articles and make minor changes for readability, organization and Associated Press style prior to publication. If significant edits are needed, the editor will send the revised article back to author for approval. The staff editorial board will then review and must approve the article before publishing.
Please contact the editor at www.iascoachings.com with ideas or suggestions, or to get involved.